Tuesday 30 December 2008

More year-end mysteries!

Yesterday I met Margaret Eames when she and her husband Philip came for tea with us. I have been in touch with Margaret for the past couple of years or more, when she answered a letter that I had printed in the Rotherham Advertiser. We have corresponded since then, and when she and Philip stayed in York this Christmas we invited them over for a bite to eat with us. Apart from Margaret forgetting to bring all the family photos etc, we managed to swap bits of information, including details of her Gran, Eliza. I think it was beneficial to all!

I seem to be ending the year with more mysteries than I started with. I have discovered that the Kennedys were catholic at last. The mystery of Michael's death has been solved, despite the lies told at the time which led me down the wrong path. Now there are the following:
- Where and when did Sarah Jane Kennedy (Griffin) die/was buried?
- Who are the mysterious Farrar trio which are/may have been attached to the John Kennedy family in one of the census collections?
- Why was John Moran buried in the same grave as Patrick (b 1809) and his wife Margaret?
- Who was the brother of Thomas and Eliza who went to Ireland?

There are more, but I think those are enough to keep me going for the year 2009.

Very best wishes for the new year, and here's hoping that it is good to you.
June

No comments: