Friday 18 July 2008

When one door closes, another one opens!?

This week, I was delighted to find a death record for my Gt Grandfather, Michael KENNEDY. I had been searching for this piece of information for the past 4 years. Every channel of information had been checked, including a cd of Rotherham burials. I had trundled round graveyards in the Rotherham area, even a couple in Ireland in case he had returned there to live. A couple of days ago I returned to my research to check all my information out again. When I returned to the cd I found him. Plus a lot of other Kennedy people, all of which need fitting into the jigsaw!



The thing that really threw me was my Grandfather's marriage certificate. G/father was Michael's youngest child. The marriage took place in 1910, and Michael was named as deceased. Not surprisingly, I hadn't looked after that date. When the 1911 census is out I shall have pleasure in locating Michael again, but in the meantime the big question is:

WHY DID MY G/FATHER STATE THAT HIS FATHER WAS DEAD WHEN HE MARRIED?
HAD THERE BEEN A FALLING-OUT?

Michael incidently had died in 1926 in a Rotherham hospital.

No comments: